The Côte Suisse vineyard and Lake Geneva - between Geneva and Lausanne
Between Geneva and Lausanne, there is no shortage of tourist activities near La Longeraie hotel and restaurant. Discover our selection now.
“There are a great many tourist activities to discover from the La Longeraie hotel and restaurant!”
Morges and surrounding region
We remain at your disposal should you wish us to help you with the organisation of your activities during your stay. Our team recommends the following highlights:
- A visit to the castle of Morges and its military museum
- A tour of the Musée Alexis Forel (closed throughout January and February)
- A visit to a local wine cellar - with tasting session and aperitif
- Visits to a number of castles within Côte: La Sarraz (with a horse museum), Allaman, Coppet
- A visit to the Palace of the League of Nations in Geneva
- An excursion on the lake with Compagnie Générale de Navigation (Lake Geneva General Navigation Company) boats or on a former lifeboat (seasonal)
- A bike tour with picnic (provided by the hotel upon request at an extra rate)
- Sports: swimming, jogging, circuit training, biking, tennis, skating, curling, golf, treetop adventure park, various water sports (sailing, rowing, boating, team building activities, raft construction, etc. )
- A cruise on the 'La Liberté' galley ship - an escape across the waves
- A gourmet adventure in a former BAM wagon (Bière–Apples–Morges Railway)
From the La Longeraie hotel and restaurant, take this opportunity to discover Lausanne, a city of many faces - visit its museums, stroll in its parks, gardens or along its flower-lined quays... Choose to travel by bus, by bike, on foot or even on roller-blades. This city is an absolute must-see, so don't miss your chance to take a tour.
Start at the Cathedral, the spiritual centre of French-speaking Switzerland. Its magnificent rose window is counted among the masterpieces of European artistic heritage. Its new organ is the only one of its kind in the world. Concerts are also held here regularly.
Then move on to exploring the Lavaux vineyards. Spread over 14 kilometres, arranged in terraces above Lake Geneva, this site was classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site back in 2007.
The Rolex Learning Center, an international cultural venue, is also very much worth a visit. Suitable for both adults and children alike and open from 7. a.m. to 12 a.m., it houses a library of some 500,000 books in addition to an innovative learning laboratory.
At the end of a long day, there can be no greater pleasure than a stroll along the largest freshwater lake in Europe, Lake Geneva. This lake offers many possibilities - enjoy a BBQ on the beach, a cruise on a steam boat or even a spot of swimming should the weather permit it. For the sportier among you, there is certainly no shortage of fun activities: sailing, water skiing, wake boarding, pedalos...For further information
Geneva, a multi-faceted city on a human scale offers a significant number of unmissable places to explore as a couple, with family or among friends:
- The 'Jet d'Eau' - the emblem of Geneva
- The Old Town and its treasures
- The 'Mur des Réformateurs' ('Reformation Wall') - a monumental tribute
- The sumptuous parks
- The 'Palais des Nations', the symbol of Geneva, the capital of peace
- Bains district - an art of living
- Carouge and its bohemian atmosphere
- The birthplace of Haute Horlogerie: take a stroll along the rue du Rhône
- Getaway to Mont Salève